1. Eat something fried. Peaches, Pickles, Twinkies or Snickers, what ever your pleasure they’ve got it fried to golden perfection.
2. Ride the legendary Ferris Wheel. This fair favorite is always a must.
3. Try a Turkey Leg.
4. Ride the Shocker. This thrill ride will only cost you four tickets and is sure to give you a shock.
5. Watch the Sea Lion Splash show. Check out this energetic sea lion and pose for a photo with the star of the show afterwards.
6. Check out the cake contest. This enterprising decorator drew a replica of the Sistine Chapel ceiling out of icing.
7. Ride the Extreme. You can hear people screaming on this ride from the opposite end of the fair. Needless to say it’s a must do this year at the fair
8. Watch a concert. You have the chance to see famous recording artist and local bands. There are several stages set up for musicians to play their hearts out. Go to Disney on Ice. Stop to watch some extreme skateboarding.
9. Dunk Bobo the Clown. This trash-talking clown is ready for the windup and for your pitch to send in to the bottom of the tank.
10. Eat the Krispy Kreme Burger. Lettuce, tomato, cheese and pickles piled on top of a meat patty in between two Krispy Kreme donuts. It’s something you’re just going to have to try.
Even more strange and fascinating things can be found at the Tulsa State Fair this year. Felts Shoes, a shoe shop with a thirty year fair tradition? Chocolate-covered pickles?
Watch this video below for even more information on the Tulsa State Fair!
By Meredith Negri